In this article, we will see how we can fix the Roku tv green screen issue that most of the users are facing on their Roku tv or TCL Roku 4k tv. It is said that this green screen error is because of a recent update of Roku tv.
Whenever you try to stream your content you will find a green screen instead of the movie or show you were watching. And this error can be because of some bug in the Roku tv. You can fix it by following the methods we explained below.
Generally, this error occurs when you stream through applications and not the local channels. And if this is your case you are at the right article, make sure you implement all the methods to see which one works for you.
Here Are The Ways To Fix Roku TV Green Screen
Here are the ways you can try to fix the Roku tv green screen error. Any one of these should certainly fix the issue hopefully.
1. Restart Your System
The first and easy way you should consider is by restarting your Roku device which we do when any of our devices stops working all of a sudden whether it is a smartphone or tv. This has helped many users fix the Roku tv green screen issue. Follow the simple steps to see how you can restart your Roku system.
- First of all, move to the home screen using your remote.
- Now go to the settings of Roku
- Next select system restart there.
- And here you choose the restart option
- Now you will see that your Roku tv will restart.
- After it turns on, verify if the Roku tv green screen error persists or not. Most probably it should go away. If not, let us move on to the next method.
2. Switch Between Roku Applications & Local Channels
So if you were not able to fix the issue of the Roku tv green screen by restarting then you should try switching between the local channels and applications on your tv like youtube, Hulu, Netflix, etc. yeah if you are streaming any content on these applications then you should probably watch local content for a while and switch back to your favorite application.
Now see if the Roku tv green screen error remains. If it still does then follow the next method and hopefully it will be fixed.
3. Factory Reset
If the above methods didn’t fix the Roku tv green screen error then you can follow this method of factory resetting your Roku tv and many users have said that this has pretty much fixed the issue. Let us follow the simple steps to see how to do that.
- First, to move to the home screen you should press the home button on the Roku remote.
- Next, scroll down so that you find the settings
- And then select system and then move to advanced system settings
- Here you choose the factory reset option and confirm it by entering the required password.
Now after the reset is done completely you verify if the Roku tv green screen issue remains or is fixed.
4. Check Your HDMI Cable
Now the issue can also be because of the faulty HDMI cable or too many HDMI connected to your Roku tv. So check if you connected any defective one and remove it, or remove the unnecessary one and see if the error remains or is resolved.
If you see that error still occurs then use a new or another HDMI cable to view the content on your Roku tv to avoid the error.
Also, you can use HDMI splitters which many users said resolved the Roku tv green screen issue. Moreover one can also make changes in the HDMI cable settings of their Roku tv. Follow the steps below to fix the Roku tv green screen issue.
- Go to Roku tv settings
- Select the tv input option by scrolling a little
- Here you change it to HDMI 1.4 or HDMI 2.0 and see if the error is fixed.
That’s all you can move on to the next method if this didn’t help you fix the Roku tv green screen error.
5. Power Cycle
Power cycle your Roku tv if the above methods didn’t resolve this issue of the Roku tv green screen. And this also works for both Roku tv and TCL Roku 4k tv. Simply follow the steps below to do so.
- First, from the socket unplug your tv like for 30-70 seconds, and after that plugin again and turn it on
- Now once you turn it on check if the Roku tv green screen error is still present on your tv.
If yes, the next option is something you should consider going for to fix the Roku tv green screen error.
6. Contact Roku Team
So if you are unable to fix the Roku tv green screen error after trying all the above methods then you can consider contacting the Roku team or TCL team if you are using a TCL Roku 4k tv. They will tell you precisely the issue related to the green screen error easily and its solution too.
Also Read: 1000+ Best Roku Secret Codes & Channels For 2022
The above were some best ways to fix the Roku tv green screen error and try all of them to fix the issue anyone should have probably fixed it. If not, contact the manufacturer team.
Although we hope you found the article helpful, let us know in the comment section if you have any questions regarding the same.